Building Design Service Canberra
Quality Building Services offers a comprehensive design service for new homes, extensions, renovations and outdoor living projects across Canberra. A multi-disciplined team of professionals are able to provide practical and innovative design advice across the following areas.
Quality Building Services believe that the design process is critical to the success of your project and will take the following elements into consideration from the outset:
- Spatial review of your existing house (if renovating)
- How you live now and will live in the future
- Space considerations including extra space you may need and how furnishings and fittings impact each room
- Relationships between rooms – links between indoors and outdoors; functionality of all rooms within your home
- Views and Outlook
- Orientation/Climate – capitalising on the climate and on natural light
- Energy efficiency
- Noise control
- External appearance and street appeal
- Intelligent material selections
- The cost – your real budget needs
- Flexibility for future changes
- The form and balance of your home so our design stands the test of time
Quality Building Services are able to provide innovative eco-friendly design solutions through the use of the following sustainable living practices:
- Breezeways and natural convection opportunities
- Open design which maximises flow-through ventilation
- Well-orientated living areas to capture natural light
- Low impact housing footprint
- Outdoor spaces connecting to main living spaces that provide more room to live
- Drought tolerance
- Adjustable shading devices for solar protection
- Wide eaves for controlled solar protection
- Large covered decks/terraces to protect against weather extremes
- Inclusion of solar heating, water tanks and grey water re-cycling systems in design concepts
- The inclusion of light coloured surfaces, in particular roofs
- Adaptability and accessibility for aging/less mobile residents (optional as needed)
Quality Building Services Canberra Designers understand eco housing and sustainable living principles which allow them to produce stunning designs that are environmentally friendly and take advantage of Canberra's climate.
Eco-friendly designs allow client to minimise their carbon footprint by utilising renewable energy forms in building design and construction. By following environmental sustainable housing principles and maximising local climate conditions, Quality Building Services design team are able to create beautiful homes that are cost effective to run and offer truly sustainable living.
Contact Brad Freer from Quality Building Services to discuss how QBS can create a stunning design for your new home or renovation in Canberra whilst helping you save money and reducing the impact on the environment.